Wiki Destruction of Hemmorhoids Global

ilvchopin

Networker
Best answers
Can Someone tell me if I can use modifier 25 on 46930, Destruction of Hemmorhoids, if the Dr. knows the patient will return shortly for a follow up, to be sure to get paid for the office visit and not be part of the 90 day global period? If not, do you just lose out on the payment for the office visit? or is there a different solution? Thanks.

Are you saying that you want to code a follow up visit with mod -25 in relation to the procedure done prior to the follow up? If that is the case, then no you cannot. Follow up visits are included in the global.

You DON't lose out on payment

You don't lose out on payment for post procedural follow-up visits. The payment for those follow-ups in included in the reimbursement for the procedure.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

I think we (or I guess I should be speaking for myself) are a little confused on exactly what you are asking.

It would not be appropriate to put the 25 modifier on the procedure code 46930. The modifier 25 is for E/M codes and is only appropriate on an E/M when the procedure is done the same day and only for those procedure that will have a 10 or less global days