Wiki Detailed or Comprehensive PE?

clbarry8033

Networker
Best answers
I was hoping someone could help me determine how you would break this exam apart, or even if you can?

Physical Exam:
Vital Signs: Temp 36.2, pulse 82, resp. rate 24, BP 158/102, pulse ox 96%.

General: 45 yo white male, appears stated age. Well developed, well nourished. Slightly obese. Appears to be well hydrated. AAOx3. In no acute distress.

HEENT: Head atraumatic, normocephalic. Eyes: extraocular movements are intact b/l. Sclerae are clear b/l. Ears: External ears are normal. Hearing is normal. Nose: Nares are patent. No rhinorrhea. Mouth and throat: Mucous membranes are moist. Dentition is fair.

Neck: Supple

CV: Regular rate and rhythm. S1 and S2. I do not appreciate any murmurs, gallops, or rubs.

Lungs: He does have crackles noted in left base. No wheezing or rhonchi.

Abdomen: Soft. He denies tenderness with palpation. No rebound. No guarding. Bowel sounds present x4.

Extremities: No clubbing, cyanosis, or edema. Pulses are present b/l upper and lower extremities.

Skin: Warm, dry, and intact.

Neurologic: No focal deficits.

Thanks for all your help!

What was the reason for the visit. The only part of the exam that counts is that which is related to the medical necessity for the encounter.

This was an IP Admission from the ER.

Chief Complaint: Abdominal Pain and SOB

HPI mentions Sinus congestion, x-ray concerning for cardiomegaly and possible b/l infiltrates with lymphadenopathy, and insomnia.