Wiki Device Interrogation Documentation

Best answers
Hello,

I am needing to find information about the requirements for billing device interrogations in the hospital setting. I have always been told that we can't bill any interrogations out without documentation that is separate from the note. Such as having the printed information from the interrogation in the patient's file that supports the actual interrogation being completed. I was recently told that I can bill out device interrogations in the hospital setting without this information. I am needing documentation to make my case that we cannot bill without the device information being in the patient's file. Can anyone point me in the direction for guidelines for this?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am needing to find information about the requirements for billing device interrogations in the hospital setting. I have always been told that we can't bill any interrogations out without documentation that is separate from the note. Such as having the printed information from the interrogation in the patient's file that supports the actual interrogation being completed. I was recently told that I can bill out device interrogations in the hospital setting without this information. I am needing documentation to make my case that we cannot bill without the device information being in the patient's file. Can anyone point me in the direction for guidelines for this?

Thank you.
Hi. It might be beneficial to check out: Medicare law 42 CFR 415.120(a).)
Thanks!
Meagan Williford, CPC, BA, MA
Development Editor
AAPC