Wiki Diagnosis Code for Weight Checks

aprie76

New
Best answers
I am new to pediatric coding and I am not sure what diagnosis code to use when the patient comes in for a weight check 1 week after his wellness visit. The documentation for the well visit nor the weight check visit states the child is underweight. This is not a well visit so I can not use Z00.111. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

I am new to pediatric coding and I am not sure what diagnosis code to use when the patient comes in for a weight check 1 week after his wellness visit. The documentation for the well visit nor the weight check visit states the child is underweight. This is not a well visit so I can not use Z00.111. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?
Can you query the provider to see why the patient was to come back in a week for weight check and have then amend the note? Our providers are really good at indicating why the want the patient to come back whether is be due to feeding problems or failure to thrive. When we have infants come back in we usually only charge a 99211 along with the dx indicating why weight check was needed.