Wiki Diagnosis E78.00 please help

almag69

Best answers
We are getting denials now for the Diagnosis E78.00 Pure Hypercholesterolemia which is what we use when our patients have high total Cholesterol. And also a high LDL. Since ICD-10 has this as an unspecified code some carriers are denying this, what I would like to know is what code/codes are other offices using when this is what the patient is diagnosed with. There is E78.1, E78.2 and so on with a list of descriptions under each code but we are finding it hard to determine what fits best.

I hope I have presented my question clearly any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Tina

E78.00

I see no one has replied. Did you ever find out the answer to your question? Our system put an edit in place not to use as a primary code probably because of getting denials.

Curious if you are still getting many denials for this. E78.00 should be able to be listed as primary. I saw that the original post was in December 2016. I wonder if some denials were because of the catch up from e78.0 to e78.00 that took effect in October of that year.