• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Diagnosis for Imaging Studies

JLWallace

New
Messages
1
Location
Evans, GA
Hi all! I work for a large family practice - 45+ providers, 9 office locations, who own their own Imaging Center. When the provider assigns a diagnosis to the imaging order that is non-covered by the insurance, they want me to scan the patient's problems list for a covered diagnosis. I told them I am not comfortable with that, the diagnosis should be tied to the work up that prompted the imaging order. Is there a guideline or something in the code of ethics to support me? Ty!
 
Last edited:
Top