Wiki Diagnostic renal angiogram

Best answers
Pnt with know 70% renal stenosis and accelerated hypertension. Pnt brought to cath lab and renal angiogram and stent placed. Per Dr. Z if the angiogram is a guiding shot a angiogram is not charged but if diagnostic it can be.

I queried the physician and his response was: When I brought the patient in a better picture was taken that showed 85%, Would you consider this as a diagnostic?

Pnt with know 70% renal stenosis and accelerated hypertension. Pnt brought to cath lab and renal angiogram and stent placed. Per Dr. Z if the angiogram is a guiding shot a angiogram is not charged but if diagnostic it can be.

I queried the physician and his response was: When I brought the patient in a better picture was taken that showed 85%, Would you consider this as a diagnostic?

Per the description of CPT 37236 " including radiological supervision and interpretation and including all angioplasty within the same vessel, when performed".

I agree with Su, the doctor already knows that there is a stenosis. IMO, that was a guiding shot or used to measure size of stent to be used which is bundled.

Thanks,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC