Wiki did CPT delete its technical component modifier ?

Best answers
When I started studying coding in 2018 (and didn't finish the program), there was a CPT modifier for "service contains a technical component." Did it get deleted later? Because in my 2021 codebook, I see only the professional component modifier.

No, the one I saw was in CPT. There used to be a "service contains a professional component" modifier, a counterpart to "service contains a professional component" (which of course is still there). Perhaps CPT deleted it because the HCPCS modifier made it redundant?

No, the one I saw was in CPT. There used to be a "service contains a professional component" modifier, a counterpart to "service contains a professional component" (which of course is still there). Perhaps CPT deleted it because the HCPCS modifier made it redundant?
I'm going to assume a typo in your first "service contains a professional component" to really mean technical component. That's what -TC is that trarut mentioned. https://www.americanmedicalcoding.com/coding-26-tc-modifier/
In my many years of coding, I do not recall a modifier other than -TC for technical component.
I will note that depending on which brand of CPT you buy, some include HCPCS modifiers. So, if you purchased a different brand, it is possible you saw it in your CPT book last year and not this year. Just like some books (not the AMA version) also list global or RVUs, etc.
While -TC is a HCPCS modifier, it is used on CPT codes. I know.... 🤷‍♀️

I believe she is referring to the Modifier 26 Professional Component. As far as I know it is still a viable Modifier when used correctly. I use it often in our practice.