Wiki Didn't pass :(

Lovemypets

Best answers
I took my CPC the second time and didn't pass by three points :( Not sure if I want to take it a third time or not? I have taken classes prior to the exams and still haven't passed. I even took the Practice test...:confused: Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass; don't give up. Don't throw away your knowledge. I'm not sure if you're working in the medical field or not but if not, try and get a job as a Receptionist or Cashier.
I've been working in the field for over 20 years and I'm only in school for now for coding.

Some people just aren't good test takers that doesn't mean they're not qualified.

Hang in there!

and, I love all my pets too :)
Barbara

Barbara- Thanks so much for your support. I broke down this morning after finding out my test results and it made for a really long day :( It was such a disappointment because I worked so hard at it. I just wanted to give up on not taking it anymore, but after thinking about it more, I want to prove to myself and others that I can do this since I am so close to passing. I work in the medical field, but only have about one year or so of actual work experience in coding. I took classes for it and once I finished, I had to delay taking my test due to health reasons.

Thanks again

P.S. I have two cats and two dogs :D

I failed My Exam As well Twice

Am only 26, an i have been working here at a podiatrist office for 8 years. I never went to school nor classes.

My boss has been the ne teaching me how to code and i have done the biliing thru a software for about 5 years and maybe coding for 3. the rest of the years i was doing X ray and medical assistant.

So when i went to go take the test i felt honeslty really dum. i took it upon myself to take it to see how i would do. thankk god my boss paid for it. I didnt pass. Then i decided to try to try one more time since it was free. i felt much confident this time.

But when i got the result i didnt do so well. i really wanted to give up. Then allot of stuff started to happen here at work that i notice i could loose my job. I realized that if i didnt have some sort of certification i would get paid less.

Basically. DONT give up. Being Certified is more than a pape saying your good. More doors of opportunites will open for you. They also have little study groups like once a week depending on your area.

Once i finish My high school diploma which is in 2 months i will be back on studing. :( :(

Sorry to hear that you did not pass but I was in the same predicament. I have coded for over 20 yrs but never surgical so this was the hardest part for me to learn. Third times a charm! So study, study, study!!!! You can do it!!! It was the guidelines in my CPT book that really helped me my last try. I went over them thoroughly and highlighted heavily... Good luck!!!

You will pass. Just like Jackie said the secret to most the questions are in the guidelines. I took a Coding Boot Camp that Medical Management Institute provides and I pass on the first try. It really was an excellent Boot Camp. Don't give up, you feel so great when you pass it and you are so close.