Wiki Digital Blocks

Best answers
Can someone help me with this procedure coding? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Melissa Harris, CPC

PROCEDURE: Bilateral DIGITAL NERVE BLOCK

DIAGNOSIS:
729.2 - Neuralgia Neuritis & Radiculitis Unspec, 719.44 - Pain Joint Hand
INDICATIONS: Hand pain
ANESTHESIA: Local/Conscious sedation

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: After written informed consent was obtained, benefits and risks discussed including but not limited to, bleeding, infection, bone damage, joint damage, bruising, and hematoma formation. Per patient request, the patient was then administered 2 mL of 2 mg/2 mL midazolam IM by the nurse.

The patient is brought to the procedure room and is seated on one of the chairs. The patient's Left and Right hand is placed on the procedure room table, and it is prepped with Betadine in sterile fashion. Just below the skin toward the nerve using a 3 cc syringe and a 22 gauge 3.5 inch spinal needle an injection is performed on either side of the each of the digits utilizing a quarter cc on each side of a mixture of 1 mL of 40mg/mL Kenalog and 0.50 mL of 0.25% Marcaine and 0.50 of 1% Lidocaine. The injections was done on the thumb, first digit and middle digit on both hands. The needle was removed and the puncture wounds were dressed. The patient tolerated the procedure well.

FLUORO: 0-1 MINUTE
PRE-OPERATIVE PAIN SCORE: 8/10 POST-OPERATIVE PAIN SCORE: 7/10
VITALS DURING PROCEDURE: O2Sat: 97% Heart rate: 88 B/P: 161/99

64450-50
64450-50 51
64450-50 51

It appears 6 injections were done. I am not sure if the carrier can process as above. I not familiar with this procedure so this is an assumption of what codes could be used.