Wiki Dilated pore of Winer removal

ca_cpc

Networker
Best answers
One of my providers removed a dilated pore of Winer, and I am struggling to decide on the appropriate codes to use. (I work in primary care, so derm is not my strong point!)
First, can anyone confirm the ICD-10 I should be using? I don't know if it should be a follicular disorder or some sort of acne.
Diagnosis aside, I'm more concerned in coming up with the appropriate CPT code(s) for the removal. The procedure note is below. I am partly thrown because here she refers to it as a "cyst," but throughout the rest of the note it is referred to as a lesion, and specified as a pore of Winer. (It's entirely possible she just selected the incorrect EHR template and "cyst" was entered automatically") The closure is also throwing me. Should this be a 10040 and simple closure code? Or a benign lesion excision and removal?

"Cyst Removal:
The patient complains of changing lesion.
Indication: inflamed lesion

Procedure #1: incision of skin and removal of cyst
Size (in cm): 0.4
Comment: dilated pore of Winer
Instrument used: #11 blade
Anesthesia: 1% lidocaine w/epinephrine
Superficial Suture: 5-0 Nylon
# of superficial sutures: 1

Cleaned and prepped with: betadine
Wound dressing: bacitracin
Instructions: RTC in 5 days"

I'm leaning toward the lesion excision, but like I said, derm is not my strong point. Any guidance toward the right answer here would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

For Dilated Pore of Winer, it's listed as an other, unspecified. There is no specific code for it.

D23.9 - Other benign neoplasm of skin, unspecified

For the removal of it, the excision codes 11400 series is probably appropriate. Check you your Medicare LCD's to see if D23.9 is listed ( it often is) or check the Benign Lesion Removal Policy of the commercial carrier if it's non-Medicare.