Wiki Discounts

aleigh

Best answers
Hi there...I have a patient without insurance who I have received a letter for basically saying she lost her job recently and her unemployment only covers her living expenses. She's had many medical procedures and is in a lot of debt, etc. I work for a billing agency and the doctors standard practice is to give patient's without insurance a discount of 20%.
I guess I'm looking for a kind of template on the appropriate way to word this. I've always worked in an office where it was the managers job, but now it is falling into my hands to respond to this woman. I obviously want to be sympathetic, and maybe offer her advice on applying for charity programs. I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks!

Hi there...I have a patient without insurance who I have received a letter for basically saying she lost her job recently and her unemployment only covers her living expenses. She's had many medical procedures and is in a lot of debt, etc. I work for a billing agency and the doctors standard practice is to give patient's without insurance a discount of 20%.
I guess I'm looking for a kind of template on the appropriate way to word this. I've always worked in an office where it was the managers job, but now it is falling into my hands to respond to this woman. I obviously want to be sympathetic, and maybe offer her advice on applying for charity programs. I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks!

This has all kinds of forms and documents. It's free to register. Do you have a collection agency? They would have those types of letters.

http://www.physicianspractice.com/