Wiki Disney Coronado Springs 2018

SS62

Networker
Best answers
Has anyone attended a conference there before? I looked at the hotel and it is absolutely huge! Walking these distances will be a struggle at best. Anybody know if we are booked closer to the convention center or spread all around the resort? Just hoping for the best! See y'all there! :)

I was there a couple of years ago and yes, it is huge and spread out - my room was quite a walk from the conference, but the property was nice and it made for an enjoyable walk in the morning. I seem to remember though that they do operate little shuttle trains, sort of like the golf carts you see in airports, to help people get around and also to carry your luggage when you arrive. And if you have a rental car, there is parking all around the resort - if your room is far, you could park close to your room and then drive around to the main parking lot near the conference center to save on some walking.

It's a big resort, but everything conference-related is at the Coronado Springs. If walking will be an issue, (and some of the hotel rooms are a long walk from the conference center) you can rent a scooter no problem.

To get from the resort to Disney Parks, or other resorts, you can take the complimentary Disney transportation busses. And if you're flying in, be sure to sign up for Disney's Magical Express, which is your free airport transportation to the hotel.

Contact the hotel directly and ask for a room close to the conference center. If you go to the Disney.com website, you can sign up for an account and you can access your reservation and put in an online request. This is especially helpful if you have a Disney World ticket - you can book your fast passes, restaurant reservations, Disney's Magical Express, etc. in advance.

Attended Previously at Coranado Resort.

Has anyone attended a conference there before? I looked at the hotel and it is absolutely huge! Walking these distances will be a struggle at best. Anybody know if we are booked closer to the convention center or spread all around the resort? Just hoping for the best! See y'all there! :)

The hotel is laid out in an oval around a holding pond that allows for small craft water sports (paddle boats, etc.) Walking is a big part of being at this resort. Please note there are room buildings that are close to the main building and I would expect they could be requested for those with special requirements. Disney is very good at accommodating special requirements - give them a call. If I recall, there is a shuttle bus that stops around the outside loop of the hotel and guests and get on and off at various stops within the resort. The downside its schedule may not be in sync with the meeting schedule.

Internal Bus at Coronado Springs

Hello,

I have been there several times and they do have an internal bus that stops in reverse order. Stop 2 is first, stop 3, stop 4, and then back to stop one at the main building which is where the conference center is, you can hop on a bus at which ever stop is closest to your building and ride it around to stop 1. It doesn't matter which bus as it is always in the same order. Earlier morning is sort of hectic as many are trying to get to the parks, so you may have to stand for the short journey but still better than walking. I am just hoping to get a renovated room so am asking for one in the finished buildings. Casita's 1-3 which are preferred (ie more expensive) and near the main building, Rancho 7a (farthest away) and Cabana 8a (midway).

Teresa L. Hatfield CPC