• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

displaced fracture

j-fowler57

Guru
Best answers
Pt has a fracture of distal radius and was casted 2 weeks ago. Came back in for F/U of radiology and shows "alignment has been lost ". Being brought back in for closed manipulative reduction and short arm cast application.

What is the dx code????
I think I'm over thinking this :confused:

Thanks!!:)

mitchellde

True Blue
Best answers
malalignment of fracture. There is a specific code for this. I do not have my book but it is in the book, it is right next to the non union of fx code.

j-fowler57

Guru
Best answers
Thanks Debra and Mousehouse1!

733.81 And a late effect code of 905.2 beings it happened after original surgery of casting 2 weeks prior?

Physician states "alignment was acceptable" when first surgery was performed and when they did a follow up x-ray 2 weeks later dr. states "the alignment was lost" so pt. was brought back in to do a closed manilpulative reduction with short arm cast. So does this classify as a late effect of fracture??