Wiki Doctor changes group and brings his patients

Best answers
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I need to go to a meeting with this info...

We have a new doctor that is coming from an existing practice and bringing most of his patients. The first time he sees them in his new group practice are they considered new (to this practice) or established? I'm thinking established but I just want to be sure. :confused:

Thanks for your help!
Kim

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I need to go to a meeting with this info...

We have a new doctor that is coming from an existing practice and bringing most of his patients. The first time he sees them in his new group practice are they considered new (to this practice) or established? I'm thinking established but I just want to be sure. :confused:

Thanks for your help!
Kim

Yes, established, as long as he hasn't seen them in the last 3 years. New vs established follows the provider's NPI, not the previous practice's NPI/TIN.

kim - good question

Yes, established, as long as he hasn't seen them in the last 3 years. New vs established follows the provider's NPI, not the previous practice's NPI/TIN.

It does stink for the practice, but hey, they got all his loyal patients, right.