Wiki Documentation requirements-angiography with cardiac cath

jjhill

Best answers
I realize this might be an obvious question/answer. I have gotten into a "territorial" dispute with our cath lab department. The 9000 codes are hard coded and they have been requesting charge updates. I will not allow them based on the physician's operative report. The department is insisting that since they have images stored the charges are appropriate and allowed.
Separate cases, but the codes in question are G0278 and 75630 and/or 75625 in conjuction with left heart cath. I only saw one note in the procedure log from nursing to indicate lower extremity angiography for closure device placement; nothing in the physician report to indicate angiography done, why, or findings associated with. My stance to the department is that these codes cannot be added unless the physician ammends his report//stored images are insufficient documentation. Unless physician indicates his/her reasoning for performing the angio, it would be inherent to the cath procedure and/or bundled with the closure device placement. Is this the correct stance to take?