Wiki documentation requirements for CPT 75635 vs 73706

rpollard

New
Best answers
Good morning-

What are the documentation requirements for CPT 75635?
Does the physician have to specify "runoffs" (if he views to the feet) to use code 75635?
Is CPT 75635 generally performed for different indications other than CPT 73706? Like acute vs chronic conditions?

I have a doc that is saying that he is performing CPT 73706 but he is documenting on the abdominal aorta and other abdominal anatomy, so i am looking for what anatomically has to be documented to select CPT 75635 vs CPT 73706 and if there are clinical indications that i should be looking for. Any resources would be very helpful.

Thank you
Rebecca

Good morning-

What are the documentation requirements for CPT 75635?
Does the physician have to specify "runoffs" (if he views to the feet) to use code 75635?
Is CPT 75635 generally performed for different indications other than CPT 73706? Like acute vs chronic conditions?

I have a doc that is saying that he is performing CPT 73706 but he is documenting on the abdominal aorta and other abdominal anatomy, so i am looking for what anatomically has to be documented to select CPT 75635 vs CPT 73706 and if there are clinical indications that i should be looking for. Any resources would be very helpful.

Thank you
Rebecca

Both codes are CT procedures, so he is dictating the results of the CT. 73706 is a unilateral procedure, 75635 is for the aorta and both lower extremities.

documentation requirements clarification on 75635

Hey Jim-

Thank you sir. Please forgive me, but are there specific anatomical documentation requirements to meet CPT 75635?

If the study is looking at the lower extremities (73706 RT and LT) why would there be documentation
above the bifurcation? Just trying to understand.

Thanks so much for your assistance,
Rebecca