Wiki Does anyone currently use ICD-10?

leannm21

Contributor
Best answers
I am trying to find a coder who currently used ICD-10 in their office I know some health plans are allowing the submission of both to prepare. If anyone is can you please give me some feed back. I am a Coding Educator/Analyst for a MCO and am tasked on providing education to our provider network on ICD-10 and I would like to give them a what to expect type information.
Here are some questions I have for you:

What have been the challenges for you with ICD-10?
Since they are trial submissions of the ICD-10 do they return them as denials or let you know the codes you submitted were incorrect?
What are you top issues you have come across with ICD-10?

If you can shed some light to help me become a better resource to our provider network and their coders I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Last edited:
I am trying to find a coder who currently used ICD-10 in their office I know some health plans are allowing the submission of both to prepare. If anyone is can you please give me some feed back. I am a Coding Educator/Analyst for a MCO and am tasked on providing education to our provider network on ICD-10 and I would like to give them a what to expect type information.
Here are some questions I have for you:

What have been the challenges for you with ICD-10?
What did you do to maintain reimbursement levels?
What are you top issues you have come across with ICD-10?

If you can shed some light to help me become a better resource to our provider network and their coders I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

ICD-10 CM codes cannot be currently accepted by any payer for visits that occur prior to Oct 1, 2015. You may be referring to payers that hav accepted test claims for ICD-10 CM. but not for payment.

I am "training" as an ICD-10 coder at my facility, as well as others (who have been preparing for 10 for about a year, but as the previous poster stated, these codes arent able to be submitted yet.