Wiki Does anyone have any suggestions on coding 64625 along with 64635?

Boy I sure hope a spinal dude shows up to guide both of us in this one!! I've assisted with pain management procedures but this stuff is tricky!

One thing I see is 64635 is an add-on code for 64633 and are by neurolytic agent - what neurolytic agent are you finding in this note?
Why do you want to use both codes? What is in the note that leads you to want to use both?

My concerns with this note: "All levels were approached in the same manner.......". I would want to see the specific read-outs and assessments of each of the other 2 areas documented.
Type of image guidance should be mentioned ( I assume fluoro but you never know!)

Read the description of 64625 carefully: it states "nerves innervating SI joint" - that means all along that joint, not per nerve. If both sides are ablated, then the bilateral modifier is added to show bilateral procedure.

Come on experts!

Thank you for your review, this is a tricky report. I was thinking injection was also at L4/L5 which would lead to code 64635 along with 64625 for sacral ala level.