Wiki Does anyone use AAOS Code-X software?????

8907Chelsea

Best answers
I have a couple questions about Code-X that I cannot find answers to through their help link or anywhere online.

Thank you! I figured out the main issue but I do have some questions, maybe not code-x specific but maybe you'll know. When you search a CPT code, the CCI exclude section tab is the "mutually exclusive" code pairs, correct? What do the modifiers in the second column mean? I know on the "included section" it means a modifier is required for payment of both codes. But if a code is mutually exclusive, they cannot be coded together, correct? What do the add/delete sections mean for the excluded codes tab? See below for example:

cci exclude.jpg

YOUR WELCOME!
When you search a CPT code, the CCI exclude section tab is the "mutually exclusive" code pairs, correct? YES
But if a code is mutually exclusive, they cannot be coded together, correct? INCORRECT, I believe in the exclude section are very rare occasions and even then a mod. is needed. Code X doesn't always make since to me, however that's what I was told.
What do the add/delete sections mean for the excluded codes tab? ITS WHEN THE CODE IS ADDED\OR DELETED IN THE AMA