Wiki Does anyone use code 98960

jokirby

New
Best answers
Hi,

I have a new department coming on that has been using the code G0108 for patient education. This is a temporary code which we do not want to put on our new encounter form. It is actually the nurse who is educating the patient, but upper management wants to bill under the physician.
Code 98960 is the code we have come up with does this sound familiar to anyone and how is it working for you?
Thanks,
Jokirby:)

I have used this code....but mostly my providers (RN and CDE/RD) use the 97802 for nutritional education/counseling.... and use the G0109/G0108 for diabetic classes. Not sure if that answers your question..... :)

We use this code when our RN does a Lactation Consultation with new mothers. We do get paid. We usually try to bring the mom in with the baby on a day she is not seeing the Dr. but if they see the Dr. the same day we bill the e/m with mod 25. We often have to appeal a denial if they saw the Dr. on the same day because we bill under the Dr.s name, but we usually get paid for those once we send office notes showing both providers. Hope this helps!