Wiki Dog bite from Pit bull

Best answers
I have a case where a young boy came in and was bitten by a pit bull. He was at his mothers house and a friend of hers had this dog and it bit the young boy. Information on the dog was unattainable and the owner of the dog is not cooperating with the history of shots so the boy will have to go and get rabies prophylaxis. What E-code do I use besides E906.0 for dog bite? Is there another E-code I can use to describe the dangerous dog bite.

Thanks much.

In this case, you'd code the injury (open wound, or contusion, depending whether the skin was broken). Then you add the E code for the dog bite and if you wish the location. There is no other description or available needed to indicate the breed of the dog, uncooperative owner, etc. Try not to read too much into the drama of the event. You code only the injury and the cause.

Dog bite pit bull

Thank you for your help. I coded the items that you suggested, it just seems I need to explain more on what happened but it looks like I wont be able to.

Thank you for your help. I coded the items that you suggested, it just seems I need to explain more on what happened but it looks like I wont be able to.

Pam is. Correct you cannot code the drama. The place of occurrence could capture the home and it should because then the homeowners insurance is liable as well. Just remember this could have just as easily been a poodle or Jack Russell or any other breed. You code the injuries and the external codes, let all other fireworks be what they will be.