Wiki DOT Physical & Office Visit on Same Day

Best answers
I have patient that schedules a regular office visit and then comes with a DOT Physical form and wants both done. How should this be billed? The DOT to the workers company and the office visit to the insurance. I feel weird about billing two different insurances for one visit even though both were performed.

I realize the provider probably should make the patient come back for the DOT physical but he wants to accomodate the patient but get paid for both. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Our office bills DOT physicals to the patient and they get reimbursed from their company. I don't know if this will help you but it eliminates billing two insurance companies for one visit. I hope this helps :)

EH

It does feel weird, but think of the good relations to the patient so they don't have to come back. You're billing two separate services to two separate carriers. Make sure there are two separate reports and the same information is not used for two services. Literally the provider will have to perform two sets of history, exams and MDM information to support each service.

This is a similar contradiction when a patient has bilateral shoulder pain, the left shoulder is a work comp case, the right shoulder is their personal insurance. Challenging to say the least.