Wiki DOUBLE COVERAGE

kcowan

Best answers
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE TROUBLE WHEN A PATIENT HAS MORE THEN ONE INSURANCE? WE ARE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH OUR CLAIMS. THE INSURANCE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT OTHER COVERAGE, BUT PATIENTS NEVER INFORM THE OTHER INSURANCE. I SEND THEM STATEMENTS TO CONTACT THEIR INSURANCE, I CALL THEM, BUT I AM STILL STUCK. IS THERE ANY LOOP HOLES AS FAR AS GETTING UR OUT OF THE MIDDLE?

I work for an insurance company; we will actually update a member's COB information based on information provided to us by a provider/facility. Have you tried contacting the secondary payer and providing them with the primary payer's information? This may help get your issue resolved for patients that don't/won't update the information themselves.

I work for an insurance company; we will actually update a member's COB information based on information provided to us by a provider/facility. Have you tried contacting the secondary payer and providing them with the primary payer's information? This may help get your issue resolved for patients that don't/won't update the information themselves.
YES THEY ALWAYS TELL ME THAT THE PATIENT/INSURED HAS TO CALL IN?

I'm sorry to hear that your payers won't update the information based on what you've provided to them. Have you tried talking to your provider relations representative with the payers you are having issues with to see if they can assist you with getting any outstanding claims resolved. You might ask them to have their customer service department reach out to responsible party/patient to get the information updated.

I'm sorry to hear that your payers won't update the information based on what you've provided to them. Have you tried talking to your provider relations representative with the payers you are having issues with to see if they can assist you with getting any outstanding claims resolved. You might ask them to have their customer service department reach out to responsible party/patient to get the information updated.

Some payers will allow providers to submit COB info on the website too. I used to have to do that quite often when I was billing hospital Medicaid claims. If you have a provider account on the insurer's website, it is worth looking to see if you could submit it that way too.

Some payers will allow providers to submit COB info on the website too. I used to have to do that quite often when I was billing hospital Medicaid claims. If you have a provider account on the insurer's website, it is worth looking to see if you could submit it that way too.
THANK YOU