Wiki Drainage of Subconjunctival Hematoma

Best answers
What CPT code would you use for drainage of a Subconjunctival Hematoma?
My best option I have seen is 10140 but this does not seem completely correct to me. Any opinions and advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi, I am not an expert and still learning coding of this specialty. I wish we had more eye coder's participation in this forum. So, i would say not 10140 because it relates to skin and we have Conjunctiva. The most close code I found 68020 Incision of conjunctiva, drainage of Cyst. Since we have hematoma, how about to use Unlisted 68399 to compare with 68020? That's my best answer. Good luck to both of us! :)

Hi, I am not an expert and still learning coding of this specialty. I wish we had more eye coder's participation in this forum. So, i would say not 10140 because it relates to skin and we have Conjunctiva. The most close code I found 68020 Incision of conjunctiva, drainage of Cyst. Since we have hematoma, how about to use Unlisted 68399 to compare with 68020? That's my best answer. Good luck to both of us! :)
Yeah that's why I came here because I didn't think 10140 worked. Thank you for your help. I think we are going to have to go with 68399 and take the loss. I work at an ASC and we do a decent amount of eye cases but I am still new to coding. I am in the CPC course now and learning at work too. There is so many codes but sometimes not enough. Thanks again for your suggestion. Good luck to us for sure =)