Wiki DX code for being "Homicidal" ??

FYI: I found this at:
http://www.ahima.org/dc/documents/A...osalsPresentedatSeptember2009CMCommitteeM.pdf
Homicidal Ideations
AHIMA supports the proposed new code for homicidal ideations.
Should the word “ideations” be singular or plural? It is singular in existing code V62.84, Suicidal ideation, and plural in the proposed code V62.85, Homicidal ideations. We recommend that the code titles should be consistent. If “ideations” is more accurate, the title of code V62.84 should be revised for consistency.

I know it doesn't help you now but soon there will be a code for Homicidal Ideations V62.85. ;)

Homicidal Ideations
A new code for homicidal ideations has been proposed. Homicidal ideation is an important risk factor when trying to identify a person's risk for violence. Co-existing suicidal and homicidal ideations present in many patients.
It was suggested that the proposed code be allowed as either a principal or secondary diagnosis.
I think there is no code v62.85 in 2010 ICD-9-CM, may be it can be assigned V62.84 Suicidal ideation.

Homicidal is used to describe someone who is dangerous because they are likely to kill someone. Also describes as characteristic of or capable of or having a tendency toward killing another human being.

So, I think 300.9 is appropriate code for Homicidal.

I hope this helps! :)

VJ

I have also used 300.9. I think that is the best for now, but it will be nice to have a specified code.

Just in case people have not already heard, there is now a new homicidal ideation code out there beginning 10/1/10. It is V62.85! So very glad!!!