Wiki DX code for "Polypharmacy"

quinnwebb - could you give a little more info?.... is this dx for a patient that's a drug user, using many different drugs?,.... is this medication management?... is this a patient on many different kinds of drugs, for a long time, possibly for illness's such as DM, HTN, CKD, AFIB, etc... that required medications? what exactly are you looking for, for the polypharmacy?, what was the visit about?

Donna,

This is an elderly patient who is on several medications and the doc has to take that into account. Right now I'm coding a bit "blind" until the office move is complete and I can have access to full info.

Quinn

I'd code out the patient issues - not worry too much about the "polypharmacy" as that's sort of a given if they have a lot of issues that they're on medication for. The only Vcode I'd worry about coding out along with the patients issues would be if they were on coumadin... (for whatever reason)...and I'd be coding that reason out also ;) Otherwise, I don't think I'd worry too much about the phrase "polypharmacy".
{that's my opinion on the posted matter}

quinnwebb - could you give a little more info?.... is this dx for a patient that's a drug user, using many different drugs?,.... is this medication management?... is this a patient on many different kinds of drugs, for a long time, possibly for illness's such as DM, HTN, CKD, AFIB, etc... that required medications? what exactly are you looking for, for the polypharmacy?, what was the visit about?

pt is on multiple drug meds for same dx.