Wiki Dx for attendance at C-section for placenta previa

kmartinez

Networker
Best answers
Doctor was called to attend the C-section delivery of a 36 week male "due to the fact that the mother has known placenta previa."

This was an elective c-section. The pregnancy has been uncomplicated besides the placenta previa. Mother was given betamethasone 5 days ago.

To bill the attendance at delivery for the pediatrician I am not sure what to use as a diagnosis, since the only reason I see here for the doctor being called to attend the delivery is for the placenta previa, but the ICD 10 for placenta previa is to be used on the maternity billing not the newborns.

Help please.

TIA
KAM

attendance at delivery

Doctor was called to attend the C-section delivery of a 36 week male "due to the fact that the mother has known placenta previa."

This was an elective c-section. The pregnancy has been uncomplicated besides the placenta previa. Mother was given betamethasone 5 days ago.

To bill the attendance at delivery for the pediatrician I am not sure what to use as a diagnosis, since the only reason I see here for the doctor being called to attend the delivery is for the placenta previa, but the ICD 10 for placenta previa is to be used on the maternity billing not the newborns.

Help please.

TIA
KAM

Hi,

Did you arrive at an answer to this question? I wonder if the physician documented that the neonate was preterm and code P07.39 might be applicable. Also, if the physician noted any specific risks like small-for-gestational age or anemia, a Z05 code for suspected condition, ruled out would be appropriate. Be sure to report the Z38.01 for single liveborn delivered by cesarean as the first-listed diagnosis since the physician was the attending at delivery.

Cindy