Wiki dx for someone who smells bad?

ohn0disaster

Best answers
I'm having trouble finding a code for this diagnosis, "malodorous secretion on occasional basis with no fever and no headaches".

The doctor states that the patient comes in complaining of feeling and tasting a malodorous, foul smelling secretion from the nose to her mouth.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, out of curiousity, since I was looking for this DX, I realized that there is no index listing for malodor of any kind. If this were to arise in another context, such as malodorous vaginal discharge or even stinky pits, where would I begin looking?

I do not know what the latest edition manual has to say about with more specificity.
But with the previous editions, I would like to suggest you to go for PAROSMIA-disturbance or distortion of Smell- 781.1
bad odour or smell I think is incorporated into that terminology !

I disagree. The definitions of the words used beneath the code refer to personal deficiencies in the sense of smell or taste:

Anosmia /ænˈɒzmi.ə/ is a lack of functioning olfaction, or in other words, an inability to perceive odors. Anosmia may be either temporary or permanent. A related term, hyposmia, refers to a decreased ability to smell, while hyperosmia refers to an increased ability to smell. Some people may be anosmic for one particular odor. This is called "specific anosmia" and may be genetically based.
One common form of parageusia is a metallic taste of food. This can be a side effect of several medications, such as acetazolamide, eszopiclone, zopiclone, metronidazole, or etoposide
Parageusia is the medical term for a bad taste in the mouth. (Which incidentally may be the code you were looking for ohn0disaster.)

Parosmia, also known as troposmia, is an olfactory dysfunction that is characterized by the inability of the brain to properly identify an odor’s “natural” smell.[1] What happens instead is that the natural odor is transcribed into what is most often described as an unpleasant aroma, typically a “‘burned,’ ‘rotting,’ ‘fecal,’ or ‘chemical’ smell.”[2] There are instances, however, of pleasant odors. This is more specifically called euosmia.[3]

Try 705.89 for body odor and 625.8 for vaginal odor.....

Now I know... B.O.

Parageusia, Parosmia, and Anosmia all code to 781.1, which is the code I chose for the above mentioned dx. Thank you for the additional information! You're awesome. :D