• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Dynamic Revenue Cycle Leader

famave

New
Best answers
Hi All,

I am a well versed revenue cycle leader seeking a position in the Phoenix, AZ area.

Thank you,
Valerie Smith, CPC, COC, CPMA, CDEO, CEMC

OrthoArizona

4222 E. Thomas Rd, Ste 250
Phoenix, AZ 85018
602-648-5444

November 2019 – March 2020

I was the Director of Revenue Cycle for an orthopedic group that has 150 providers. In this newly created role, I was tasked with integrating a restructuring the revenue cycle team. In my time in this role, I developed the revenue cycle structure and established policies and procedures to streamline the process for the group.

District Medical Group

2929 E Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-470-5000

June 2018 – November 2019

I was Associate Director of Revenue Cycle Operations for a large multi-specialty group that employs over 750 physicians. I was responsible for coding, billing, customer service, charge capture, prior authorization, cash applications, accounts receivable, and revenue cycle quality assurance. In this role, I was directly responsible for all operations within revenue cycle. I was also a member of several interdepartmental committees. I maintained strong relationships with clinical and executive leadership.

Gila River Health Care
483 Seed Farm Road
Sacaton, AZ 85147
602-528-1200

May 2017 – June 2018

Held the position of Revenue Cycle Coding and Billing Manager for an IHS/638 organization. I managed the day to day operations of the coding and billing departments. I was directly involved in the organization’s successful conversion to NextGen PM and EHR systems. I worked closely with coders and billers to produce clean claims and reduce clearinghouse and payer rejections. I provided coding and documentation education to revenue cycle staff and clinicians. I worked closely with patient registration, prior authorization, IT, and clinical leadership to establish best practices for the organization as a whole.

District Medical Group
2929 E Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-470-5000

January 2015- March 2017

I was the Senior Physician Coding Educator for a large multi-specialty group. I was tasked with creating all procedures, protocols, and educational materials required for the department. I integrated coding and documentation training into the new provider onboarding experience. I provided ongoing education for providers and coders. I also provided subject matter expertise to other departments within the business office and compliance.

MBI Industrial Medicine
3501 W Osborn Rd Phoenix, AZ 85019
(602) 272-7676

May 2014 – January 2015

As Revenue Cycle Manager for an industrial medicine practice, I directly supervised 12 employees which included the billing staff and transcription staff. I successfully implemented electronic claims submission and improved the overall flow of the billing department. I handled all credentialing and contracting to include private company contracts, commercial contracts, government contracts, worker’s compensation and hospital privileges. I have conducted multiple internal audits to improve documentation and educate providers.
Pulmonary Associates
1112 E McDowell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85006
(602) 258-4951

November 2008 – May 2014

I was Revenue Cycle Manager for a 20 provider specialty group with 6 locations. I managed all revenue cycle staff and was responsible for all decisions related to revenue cycle. I consistently directed my staff to improve billing statistics beyond the industry standard. I worked closely with patient registration, scheduling, and front office teams to collect the necessary demographic information. I successfully lead the physicians through Stage 1 of the Medicare Meaningful Use Incentive and the E-Prescribing Incentive Programs.

WPRADA

New
Best answers
Good Morning Valerie:

Are you still looking for a job? We are looking for someone experienced in RPMS Third Party. If I'm not mistaken I sort of work with you as a Vendor when you were with Gila.
Please let me know if you are interested in a position. My email is wprada@goencompasshealth.com and my phone number is 907-687-5444.

Thanks,
Wanda Prada

Last edited: