Wiki Dynamic Revenue Cycle Leader

famave

New
Best answers
Hi All,

I am a well versed revenue cycle leader seeking a position in the Phoenix, AZ area.

Thank you,
Valerie Smith, CPC, COC, CPMA, CDEO, CEMC

OrthoArizona

4222 E. Thomas Rd, Ste 250
Phoenix, AZ 85018
602-648-5444

November 2019 – March 2020

I was the Director of Revenue Cycle for an orthopedic group that has 150 providers. In this newly created role, I was tasked with integrating a restructuring the revenue cycle team. In my time in this role, I developed the revenue cycle structure and established policies and procedures to streamline the process for the group.

District Medical Group

2929 E Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-470-5000

June 2018 – November 2019

I was Associate Director of Revenue Cycle Operations for a large multi-specialty group that employs over 750 physicians. I was responsible for coding, billing, customer service, charge capture, prior authorization, cash applications, accounts receivable, and revenue cycle quality assurance. In this role, I was directly responsible for all operations within revenue cycle. I was also a member of several interdepartmental committees. I maintained strong relationships with clinical and executive leadership.

Gila River Health Care
483 Seed Farm Road
Sacaton, AZ 85147
602-528-1200

May 2017 – June 2018

Held the position of Revenue Cycle Coding and Billing Manager for an IHS/638 organization. I managed the day to day operations of the coding and billing departments. I was directly involved in the organization’s successful conversion to NextGen PM and EHR systems. I worked closely with coders and billers to produce clean claims and reduce clearinghouse and payer rejections. I provided coding and documentation education to revenue cycle staff and clinicians. I worked closely with patient registration, prior authorization, IT, and clinical leadership to establish best practices for the organization as a whole.

District Medical Group
2929 E Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-470-5000

January 2015- March 2017

I was the Senior Physician Coding Educator for a large multi-specialty group. I was tasked with creating all procedures, protocols, and educational materials required for the department. I integrated coding and documentation training into the new provider onboarding experience. I provided ongoing education for providers and coders. I also provided subject matter expertise to other departments within the business office and compliance.

MBI Industrial Medicine
3501 W Osborn Rd Phoenix, AZ 85019
(602) 272-7676

May 2014 – January 2015

As Revenue Cycle Manager for an industrial medicine practice, I directly supervised 12 employees which included the billing staff and transcription staff. I successfully implemented electronic claims submission and improved the overall flow of the billing department. I handled all credentialing and contracting to include private company contracts, commercial contracts, government contracts, worker’s compensation and hospital privileges. I have conducted multiple internal audits to improve documentation and educate providers.
Pulmonary Associates
1112 E McDowell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85006
(602) 258-4951

November 2008 – May 2014

I was Revenue Cycle Manager for a 20 provider specialty group with 6 locations. I managed all revenue cycle staff and was responsible for all decisions related to revenue cycle. I consistently directed my staff to improve billing statistics beyond the industry standard. I worked closely with patient registration, scheduling, and front office teams to collect the necessary demographic information. I successfully lead the physicians through Stage 1 of the Medicare Meaningful Use Incentive and the E-Prescribing Incentive Programs.

Good Morning Valerie:

Are you still looking for a job? We are looking for someone experienced in RPMS Third Party. If I'm not mistaken I sort of work with you as a Vendor when you were with Gila.
Please let me know if you are interested in a position. My email is wprada@goencompasshealth.com and my phone number is 907-687-5444.

Thanks,
Wanda Prada

Last edited: