Wiki E/M New Patient

skrispi

New
Best answers
We have a new group of providers closing their practice and joining our practice. If the new provider Dr. A has seen a patient under their now defunct practice can Dr. B who is from the same defunct practice but now a new provider under a new tax ID, see the patient as a new Patient?

Good afternoon,

If patient John Smith is established with provider A at Practice ABC and now will be seen at Practice XYZ by Provider A, patient is still considered established with that provider. NP vs EP E/M's follows providers NPI.

Best of luck!

Breakdown of the CPC questions.

Can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to get to the page that lists the breakdown of the type of questions that are going to be on the CPC Exam. Was this removed? It used to be very easy to find.

Can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to get to the page that lists the breakdown of the type of questions that are going to be on the CPC Exam. Was this removed? It used to be very easy to find.

I typed into google "outline of questions on cpc exam"

General CPC Exam Sections
1) Medical Terminology & Anatomy and Physiology
2) Coding Guidelines
3) ICD-10-CM (but you can find ICD codes in the answers for surgery questions too)
4) HCPCS Level II
5) Evaluation and Management
6) Anesthesia
7) Radiology
8) Pathology & Laboratory
9) Medicine
10) (10k Series) Integumentary
11) (20k Series) Musculoskeletal
12) (30k Series) Respiratory & (Cardiovascular – they don't list it but I know it's included) & Mediastinum & Diaphragm
13) (40k Series) Digestive
14 ) (50k Series) Urinary & Male/Female Genital & Maternity & Delivery
15) (60k Series) Endocrine & Nervous & Eye & Ocular Adnexa
16) Compliance and Regulatory

https://www.cco.us/cpc-exam-layout-and-cpc-exam-tips/

For examples of the format of the test questions, use the same search criteria or click here: https://www.google.com/search?ei=UI...1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.N3aD2yhmMKc

Good afternoon,

If patient John Smith is established with provider A at Practice ABC and now will be seen at Practice XYZ by Provider A, patient is still considered established with that provider. NP vs EP E/M's follows providers NPI
Best of luck!

Not quite the correct scenario, very complex that's why I'm asking.
Dr. A and Dr. B from practice ABC join practice xyz. Patient was seeing Dr. A at ABC, now is seeing Dr. B who has also moved to practice XYZ, A patient will be seeing Dr. B or one of the other Dr.s at practice XYZ. Is that an established patient to ALL Drs in the practice?

Thanks so much, not sure there is enough luck to help us. :)

Last edited: