Wiki E/M selection concerning x-rays

ccoleman822

Contributor
Best answers
Good morning,
I need some clarification on x-rays if anyone can help. Our provider office, specialty clinic, bills and reads their own x-ray, have a tech who takes them then the provider reviews and reads it themselves. Now when selecting E/M through MDM, I know they can't get credit for it if they bill it. Or that is what I was told. I just want clarification on that if it is their first visit and they do order and x-ray, read it themselves and charge for it they cannot use that in their decision for E/M? I feel like they should be able to use that in their decision because they decide to order it and read it same day.

Any help is appreciated on this matter,
Thanks

Unfortunately anything you bill separately cannot be counted in your MDM Grid. And yes, I agree with you on getting credit for it even just the ordering part, but the guidelines are clear..., no double dipping.

Unfortunately anything you bill separately cannot be counted in your MDM Grid. And yes, I agree with you on getting credit for it even just the ordering part, but the guidelines are clear..., no double dipping.
Thank you for that clarification. It makes sense when you stated it that way. Thanks again