Wiki e/m study guide

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Hello,

I am considering taking the e/m test, but wondered if anyone had a study guide for this exam. I am willing to pay for this book. I just want a "refresher" in this. I was on the aapc website and it seems to me that it's more than just e/m coding on this exam? Am I correct in saying that.

Thanks in advance

Roxanne - as I recall, 95% was E/M. I used my HCPCS once and ICD-9 a couple of times. Honestly I didn't find the study guide helpful at all...pretty basic. However I did take the exam and purchase the study guide in 2007 - things may have changed. :rolleyes:

What you really need is to be confident in your knowledge of 95 and 97 guidelines - which you should bring with you!

Roxanne - as I recall, 95% was E/M. I used my HCPCS once and ICD-9 a couple of times. Honestly I didn't find the study guide helpful at all...pretty basic. However I did take the exam and purchase the study guide in 2007 - things may have changed. :rolleyes:

What you really need is to be confident in your knowledge of 95 and 97 guidelines - which you should bring with you!

Thanks Lisa,

I am wondering myself if the exam has changed a bit too, because I spoke briefly with someone who took it in Nov 08 and she basically said the same thing you did; but when I look at the info on aapc website it has all this other stuff, I think I will call aapc tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I have heard that they made it a little more difficult...that you have to determine the levels of the key elements for the questions. As I recall, they pretty much gave that to us on the exam.

I have heard that they made it a little more difficult...that you have to determine the levels of the key elements for the questions. As I recall, they pretty much gave that to us on the exam.

That doesn't seem bad at all then... I guess I will sign up for the exam..

Thanks,