Wiki E/M visit and Kenalog injection

Best answers
Hello fellow coders, one of my providers had a pt encounter where the pt has cystic acne and they were administerred a kenalog injection. My provider wants to bill a 99213 & 96372 & J3301. My dilemnia is no other issues/concerns were discussed so I cannot add the 25 modifier. Shoud I not bill for the 96372 & J3301? Any assistance is much appreciated.

You should bill 96372 and J3301 is that was performed. If there was no E/M service that was 'separate and distinct' from the injection to support a modifier 25, then you cannot bill 99213.
I have a question about billing the J3301- if we have a 40 mg vial of Kenalog and we dilute it to 20 mgs and we gave .4 cc. Is there an easy way to calculate the units and also does the documentation need to reflect that we used a 40 mg vial that was diluted to support the NDC # we have to submit for the insurance

Does modifier 25 go on e/m code for labs ex. (87880 strep , preg test 81002) really need some clarification or is more for things like an EKG or a procedure. One point it went on everything that produced a charge but now it might cause a denial thanks!!!

Does modifier 25 go on e/m code for labs ex. (87880 strep , preg test 81002) really need some clarification or is more for things like an EKG or a procedure. One point it went on everything that produced a charge but now it might cause a denial thanks!!!
Modifier 25 only goes on your E/M when billing at the same time as a procedure. You usually don't need it when billing with lab tests.