Wiki e prescribe

terrij38

Networker
Best answers
Can someone give me some information on E prescribe. My doctor has read somewhere that in 2012 it is going to be required and if you don't use it..it will affect your fee schedule. Everything that I have read states that it is not mandatory. Does it affect your PQRI percentage or the regular fee schedule. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you TJ:

Rebecca...thank you so much. This site is very helpful. I printed a few articles for my doctor. I really don't like this possible amendment. I think it is very dangerous and I don't think it is right one way or the other to either increase or decrease your precentage of reimbursement from Medicare whether you do it or not. My understanding is that the cost for doctors to do this is not cheap. Let me know what others think. I don't understand why
they have to make things harder. It's like a mind game. My motto is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

TJ

http://www.hhs.gov/news/facts/eprescribing.html

Here's another recent article put out by Health and Human Services. While I would agree, most of the time, with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule, I don't agree with it here. It is broke, and so will be Medicare if everyone doesn't start to take what steps they can to save money. 156M dollars is a lot of money!!!!!

There are some good solutions out there for e-prescribing. Do your homework and you'll find one that works well AND isn't all that expensive.

Good luck!

PS - I sit for my CPC exam tomorrow! WHOO-HOOO!!!!!!