Wiki E-Prescribing Incentive Program

cmac

Best answers
I knew about this months ago but just recently discovered there are 3 G codes that you have to put on the claim in order to report correctly. I have all the print outs on this and nowhere does it state where to put this information on the claim. I called Medicare and they don't know either. I assume since the codes are G8443, G8445 & G8446 that they just go on the claim as a CPT but without a charge. Does anyone know for sure about this? Thanks

Wonder who the Medicare contractor had answering the phone right then. Hmmmm.....

Well, our Medicare contractors, or MAC's, are not the one's heading the e-prescribing project, CMS is. Here is the website address for all of the necessary information on e-prescribing: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/eprescribing/

The reportable codes for e-prescribing do go in the claim lines as if they were procedure codes. Yes, they go on the claim line with a zero amount. Check with your clearinghouse first to be sure they can transmit a claim line service with a zero amount.

Hope this helps.