Wiki ED facility

amk93211

New
Best answers
Hello,

I want to ask that ED facility has higher payment (like $230 for 99283) than ED profee ($73 for 99283 as per encoderpro). can someone make me understand how this charges deviate and how to bill for ED facility? from where we can know the charges for ED facility?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I want to ask that ED facility has higher payment (like $230 for 99283) than ED profee ($73 for 99283 as per encoderpro). can someone make me understand how this charges deviate and how to bill for ED facility? from where we can know the charges for ED facility?

Thanks in advance

The ED professional fee is for the physician's time.

The ED facility fee is for everything else. All the other resources used during an ED visit such as nurses, medications, labs, imaging, other diagnostic tests, medical supplies used, overhead expenses for the treatment room, etc.

The facility charges would be billed to the payer on a UB-04 claim form. If a payer or patient wanted to see a detailed breakdown of a specific ED visit, they could request an itemized statement.

The ED professional fee is for the physician's time.

The ED facility fee is for everything else. All the other resources used during an ED visit such as nurses, medications, labs, imaging, other diagnostic tests, medical supplies used, overhead expenses for the treatment room, etc.

The facility charges would be billed to the payer on a UB-04 claim form. If a payer or patient wanted to see a detailed breakdown of a specific ED visit, they could request an itemized statement.
Thanks a lot