Wiki EEG Coding

hauthhouse

New
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I am wondering if anyone here does EEG coding in private practice? I have some questions regarding the new 2020 codes

I am wondering about the use of 95700? can we use this with all tests? Also with the new codes for the longer than 24 hour do we code on separate lines or on one line with the date range?

95700 is used by the eeg tech for setup/ take down of equipment. This is only used for the long term eeg codes and is only billed once even if the recoding is over several days. For your next question I struggled myself with this and still have not figured it out. According to neurology practice which is not an official source they state to bill codes daily. Day one you would have 95700, and the md portion, and tech. Then day 2 and 3 you only bill the tech. I will be reviewing MUE’s prior to billing anything to insurance. Hoping that will confirm what I have read and plan to do.

Below is my initial understanding for the new EEG coding 72 HOUR (3-day EEG) provided by a Neuro's office to hookup/takedown, technical component of the recording device w/o attendance by a technician, and interpretation by the Neurologist.

CMS delegated pricing for Medicare to Local Carriers; has anyone seen a reimbursement rate for the following in POS 12 Home:

95700 Hookup/Take-down x 1 (this is billed day 1 in the Neuro's office for hooking up the EEG and also covered the take-down of the EEG on the 3rd day), POS 11
95708 Continuous 12-26 hr recording w/o video; unmonitored x 2 ( this is billed days 1-2; each on a separate line with the actual DOS rendered) POS 12
95705 Continuous 2-12 hr recording w/o video; unmonitored x 1 ( this is billed on the 3rd day when patient comes into office for take down of the EEG equipment) POS 12
95723 Phy Interpretation >60 hrs < 84 hrs (this is billed on the DOS the physician the physician actually reviews the data and interprets his/her report) POS 11.

Any comments? I can't find any reimbursement rates for 95700, 95705 nor 95708 except for Hosp Outpatient under OPPS rates, nothing under MPFS rates

Below is my initial understanding for the new EEG coding 72 HOUR (3-day EEG) provided by a Neuro's office to hookup/takedown, technical component of the recording device w/o attendance by a technician, and interpretation by the Neurologist.

CMS delegated pricing for Medicare to Local Carriers; has anyone seen a reimbursement rate for the following in POS 12 Home:

95700 Hookup/Take-down x 1 (this is billed day 1 in the Neuro's office for hooking up the EEG and also covered the take-down of the EEG on the 3rd day), POS 11
95708 Continuous 12-26 hr recording w/o video; unmonitored x 2 ( this is billed days 1-2; each on a separate line with the actual DOS rendered) POS 12
95705 Continuous 2-12 hr recording w/o video; unmonitored x 1 ( this is billed on the 3rd day when patient comes into office for take down of the EEG equipment) POS 12
95723 Phy Interpretation >60 hrs < 84 hrs (this is billed on the DOS the physician the physician actually reviews the data and interprets his/her report) POS 11.

Any comments? I can't find any reimbursement rates for 95700, 95705 nor 95708 except for Hosp Outpatient under OPPS rates, nothing under MPFS rates

We are billing for the ambulatory EEGs as you have written in your post . The problem we are having is getting reimbursement . Medicare ,along with other insurances , are bundling in the TC 95700 and 95708 with the 95723 on day one and we also bill for the 93957 spike analysis on day 2 and 3 . Have you had luck in getting payment for these services ?