Wiki Eent

paintbrush

Best answers
When a physician states EENT negative on his exam should he be given credit for eyes and ears nose and throat. I could use some documentation to support this or documentation to support that they would only be given credit for one of the systems.:confused:

When a physician states EENT negative on his exam should he be given credit for eyes and ears nose and throat. I could use some documentation to support this or documentation to support that they would only be given credit for one of the systems.:confused:

I have always given credit for 2 systems when the physician states either HEENT or EENT negataive.

I would think as long as that system is not part of the "CC" that is fine to state negative.

ROS or exam?

Are you talking about the ROS or the exam?

I'd count two systems on ROS.

For the exam:
If using 1997 guidelines "EENT negative" gives you NO bullet points at all. It's not much more effort to dictate: "PERRLA. TMs clear" That would get you 2 bullet points.

If using 1995 guidelines I might give credit for 2 with "EENT negative" ... but I'd educate the physician about audit-proof documentation.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC