Wiki Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

drhoads

Guru
Best answers
Could anyone tell me what diagnosis would be primary for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome in pregnancy? I was considering using 099.89x, Q79.60 and z3a.xx, but the book states not to use "Q" codes on maternal records. Thank you in advance!

HI, if the Q code is for the mother and not the fetus, then it is correct to use and are referenced under O99.8 I would code the same dx

Could anyone tell me what diagnosis would be primary for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome in pregnancy? I was considering using 099.89x, Q79.60 and z3a.xx, but the book states not to use "Q" codes on maternal records. Thank you in advance!
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is an inherited collagen disease that can affect the mother in pregnancy with a myriad of problems. It does not directly affect the fetus. You should be reporting O99.891 Other specified diseases and conditions complicating pregnancy and Q79.60. It is okay to use this Q code because you are reporting an O code that indicates a disease in the mother, not the fetus. And yes, you would also report a z3a code.