Wiki Electrophysiology Coding

rmcdermott

Best answers
I am new to coding the Electrophysiology Coding procedures and would like input regarding the codes I have selected and any I code(s) I may have missed. I am using 93653 and 93621-26. procedure report states: In the Electrophysiology lab a peripheal IV was placed and the pt was connected to an eternal defibrillator and an EP recording system. The pt was prepped and draped in a sterial fashion. Left femoral venous access was obtained using Seldinger technique. A Pentaray mapping catheter was introduced into the 7 French sheath and right atrial geometry was created. A deflectable decapolar was inserted into the other 7 French sheath and positioned under electroanatomic guidance for LA pacing and recording. The short 8 French sheath was echanged for a Vizigo sheath over a guidewire under flouroscopic guidance. The ablation catheter was positioned at the distal cavotricuspid isthmus, Multiple RF lesions were then delivered along the CTI as guided by electrograms, and 3-D mapping visualiation to create an ablation line extending from the distal to proimal CTI. RF lesions were further applied until medical to lateral CTI block was observed with proximal CS pacing. Rate-independent, bidirectional CTI block was then confirmed with pacing maneuvers. Procedural summary: Sucessful radiofreuency catheter ablation for generation of CTI line of block in the treatment of typical atrial flutter. Thank everyone for their time and assistance...Rose