Wiki Emergency Room EHR with PA students

Best answers
As I understand it - only the ROS & PMFSH of the PA student can be used in the E&M. If the EHR is created by the PA and completed by the student (in other words the student name/signature never appears on the record) is this a fraud? Not sure if the student is being used as a scribe but this seems wrong to me? Can PA students scribe for PA's? How does a student PA document in EHR? or is everything handwritten? PA's cannot attend students - correct?
I need to clarify this ASAP. I could really use your help.

Tricky Issue

Students can take ROS, PFandSocial History. But review must be documented by the provider. It gets tricky when students are used as Scribes or Pruedo Scribes for an ED EMR. A scribe is required to identify themselves. And our experience is that students often don't, the result is EMRs that don't make clear who Scribed,who provided the service, and whether it was a Shared Visit. We have seen EMR charts where it is unclear whether students are scribing or rendering PEs which of course they can't do.
Our reccomendation is the safest ways to go is not to use the students as Scribes. Hiring Scribes or a Scribe service is a better way to go than get into murky documenttion waters with students as Scribes.

Jim