• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

EMG and NCV

relyard

Best answers
Does anyone know how to bill medicare on cpt codes 95903, 95904 and 95860 and get paid for all the testing.:confused:

josephmglick

Networker
Best answers
There are new codes this year so if you bill 95903 & 95904 you must use one of the new codes in place of 95860. CPT 2012 book has notations with these codes giving guidance.

mitchellde

True Blue
Best answers
I would suggest not using units but listing individual line items for each nerve tested for 95903 and 95904 and a line item for each limb for the new add on codes for the EMGs. I bill these every day and have no problem with reimbursement, another clinic I have been helping has been using units and never got paid, they have been writing them off in the past until I told them to use individual line listings with the 59 modifier, and now they too are being paid by every payer.