Wiki Employment physicals with PPD tests

csruiz

Best answers
How would I code a visit if the patient comes in because the new place of employment requires a PPD? Nothing else is needed.:confused:

ppd

An article I read in a Family practice journal says that you can charge an administration fee with the ppd code. It was 90772 in 2008, I know it changed for 2008- I think it is 96372 now.

Ppd

We do pre-employment screening all the time and the only part the physician charges for is the physical. The PPD is usually applied by the nurse. I suggest that you only charge for the physical and then the PPD application since this is a pre-employment service.

An article I read in a Family practice journal says that you can charge an administration fee with the ppd code. It was 90772 in 2008, I know it changed for 2008- I think it is 96372 now.

I believe that is incorrect. The administration of the PPD is built into the RVU's of CPT 86580.

Cpt 86580

csruiz writes: employment requires a PPD? Nothing else is needed. (emphasis added by FTB)

If all that was done was the PPD, I am in complete agreement with kbarron and Lisa ... CPT 86580 only.

ALL procedures include some evaluation of the patient.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC