Wiki Endo repair AAA

nlbarnes

Expert
Best answers
I've got 34802-50, & 34825? I thought I just read in Dr. Z that aortography & fluoroscopy are billable? Also, surgeon bills for 76942 but I've been told it's not billable.

Post-op Diagnosis
* Abdominal aortic aneurysm without rupture (CMS/HCC) [I71.4]
Procedure(s) (LRB):
ENDOVASCULAR REPAIR OF ABDOMINAL AORTA ANEURYSM (N/A)
Surgical Procedure:
Under ultrasound guidance bilateral common femoral artery was accessed with a micropuncture catheter set. Ultrasound confirmed common femoral access. J wires was advanced into the aorta. 6F sheaths were advanced over the J wires. Bilateral Perclose devices were used to preclose the arteriotomies. 8 F sheaths were advanced into the aorta.
The patient was heparinized w/ a bolus of 100units/kg of heparin to achieve a goal ACT of >250 seconds. Gore Dryseal sheaths were inserted over stiff wires into the aorta.

A Gore Excluder (31x14.5x17) was deployed from the right iliac access. The contralateral gate was cannulated and the left iliac bifurcation was identified and measured from the flow divider. The contralateral limb was deployed.
The ipsilateral limb was deployed. An iliac extension limb (14.5x7) was required to bring the seal to the iliac bifurcation on the right.
Balloon angioplasty of the proximal seal and bilateral limbs was performed.
Followup angiography demonstrated excellent seal without evidence of type 1a, 1b, type 2 or type 3 endoleak.
701420401_6_15