Wiki Endoscopic Gastrocnemius Resection

heatherposchman1

Networker
Best answers
Can CPT 27687 be used if the procedure is Endoscopic instead of the unspecified code 29999 since 27687 does not state the method?

NOTE:pROCEDURE#1: ENDOSCOPIC GASTROCNEMIUS RESECTION, LEFT: Attention was directed toward the medial aspect of the patient's left leg where a 2 cm linear incision was made over the
posterior one third of the leg, at the junction of the gastrocnemius with the aponeurosis.

The incision was deepened through the subcutaneous layer down to the level of the gastrocnemius fascia. At this time, the fascia was pierced, and the aponeurosis
identified. The obturator cannula was then slid posterior to the aponeurosis. The EGR blade was then introduced, and the aponeurosis sectioned from medial to lateral under
direct visualization. The ankle joint range of motion was noted to improve from 0 degrees
to 10 degrees of dorsiflexion. The instrumentation was removed. The wound was lavaged
with normal sterile saline. The deep tissues were reapproximated utilizing 4-0 Vicryl.
The skin was reapproximated utilizing 4-0 Monocryl suture in a running intradermal fashion.
The wound was then dressed with Mastisol, Steri-Strips, gauze and Tegaderm. The patient
was then rotated from the supine to the prone position, and re-prepped and draped. The
following procedure was then performed.

Any information would be helpful.

My practice is using the unlisted code for Endoscopic gastroc reduction. The 27687 is under the Repair heading which I believe the codes are open.

My practice is using the unlisted code for Endoscopic gastroc reduction. The 27687 is under the Repair heading which I believe the codes are open.
Hello, I am hoping you can tell me what code did you use as comparison for the endoscopic gastro recession.

How is there not a specific CPT for Endoscopic Gastrocnemius recession? This has been performed for
years. We should not have to use 29999 and send notes/appeal carriers to get reimbursed due to unlisted.