Wiki Endoscopic mucosal resection

russmam

Best answers
I'm confused on the new code 43254 does this also includ the mucosal dissection? I'm unable to find a specific code for mucosal dissection. My first thought is to add a 22 to 43254. A co-worker thinks we should use an unlisted code. Any thoughts on this please? Thank you

This isn't a new code for 2015. There are a few new codes for colon, flex-sig, and thru stoma with EMR which you have certain guidelines you have to follow depending on what you are billing. ASC vs Professional charges. Most of the new codes for 2015 have unlisted procedure codes.

Emr

I'm confused on the new code 43254 does this also includ the mucosal dissection? I'm unable to find a specific code for mucosal dissection. My first thought is to add a 22 to 43254. A co-worker thinks we should use an unlisted code. Any thoughts on this please? Thank you

When a physician performs an EMR on a polyp, is the code to use as of 1/1/16 45390? We have found that the allowed amount for 45390 is much less than 45385. The RVU's are much higher for the snare and our Doctors feel there is much more work involved with the 45390.

We feel that the Doctors are getting under paid if only 45390 is billed. Any suggestions?

Thank you