Wiki EPIC Medicare question

jmarjane

Best answers
To any EPIC users out there....does anyone know how to access the 2300/2400 Loop segment (PWK segment) to submit paperwork to Medicare electronically?
Thanks in advance! :)

@jmarjane. I know it's been years ago you posted you inquiry but did you ever get an answer?. I have the same issue and it has been difficult to get this information from Epic. If you have an answer, can you please share it? Thank you :)

When I submitted a ticket EPIC stated it was a feature that would need to be turned on for our practice. Once it was the claims would go to claim edit to add that information. I ended up using our clearing house because when unlisted codes are submitted, they get rejected for more information from there. Also, I could find the field easier/faster on their website. It's so frustrating because something that should be a standard claims capability they require a ticket being opened and new process. Even when I did use our clearinghouse Medicare requested documentation anyways that I was able to upload on our MACs website. It was my first time so I may have missed a step. Same with BCBS and that was my second time using the additional paperwork identifier.