Wiki eRx hardship 2013

herrera4

Guru
Best answers
I work in a general surgeons office and last year we filled out appropate paperwork and qualified for one of those additional hardships so were not penalized this year with adjustments. Now I see on CMS web it says '...not successful electronic prescribers in 2011 can avoid 2013 erx payment adjustment by meeting the specified reporting requirements between 01/2012-6/30/2012'

would i have to submit another hardship form to avoid adjustments in 2013?

Thanks
Nina

I just received this in our American College of Surgeons email, this might help:

REMINDER: ELECTRONIC PRESCRIBING HARDSHIP EXEMPTION DEADLINE IS JUNE 30

The deadline for applying for the 2013 Medicare Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program hardship exemption is drawing near. To avoid receiving a 1.5 percent Medicare Part B payment penalty in 2013, eligible professionals and group practices participating in the group practice reporting option (GPRO) must apply for an exemption by June 30, 2012. Even providers that applied for and received an eRx significant hardship exemption last year to avoid the 2012 eRx payment penalty must reapply to avoid the 2013 payment penalty.To assist surgeons with the hardship exemption request process, the American College of Surgeons' advocacy and health policy staff developed a step-by-step guidance document.

For more information on the Medicare e-Prescribing program and to determine if you are an eligible professional, please review “What surgeons should know about . . . Participating in the Medicare eRx Incentive Program,” published in the May 2012 issue of the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons

I know that I am going to submit the exception request for a few of my surgeons by the end of June.

Susie Smith, CPC